"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one...but still they come!"

Labels:

Wow, well, I have to say that it's certainly a small world. and the Internet helps to make that true! On Saturday (11th June), I took my uncle to go and see a theatre production of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds (under license) at the King's Theatre in Portsmouth, having recieved two tickets as birthay presents from my folks. I had such a thoroughly enjoyable time that I went onto an internet forum that some of you may know called Goth.net, and had a good old ramble about what a marvellous show it was. On Monday, I recieved a message from one of the actors who had been directed to my forum post and said that the director and cast had loved my "review" and could they please use it on their own website!

Well, I have to say, I am absolutely honoured! It may not be my best work as a writer, being as it was only ever intended as a casual chat about what a great time I had, but I had nothing but great things to say about the entire production and the director and cast were apparently very happy! I'm certainly very flattered!

If you do get a chance to see this production from the CCADS at some point, then I highly recommend it. I am loathe to call it an "amateur production" as really there was nothing amateur about it- the show was brilliantly executed. While there certainly were lots of cool lights, projections and affects (and the magnificent Fighting Machine!), this was performed on a small stage with limited resources; nothing was overused for the sake of looking "flashy" and it was the skill of the actors and musicians that truly bought the story to life. Chaos, fear, hope and triumph was all bought onto the stage by the actors themselves, moving me to the very core.

I've been bitten by the theatre-bug now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment